Mbp 13" 2009 Vs 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seong, Apr 17, 2010.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

So far, so good.
    Comparing what my friend's 2010 MBP can do that my MBP 2009 can't do.
    Nothing different.
    Strangely, my Geekbench score was higher than my friend's MBP:

My friend: 3420
    Mine: 3568

I couldn't get my friend's, but I found other guy getting 3400 on youtube, believe it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUd1T3ENiM&feature=channel

Attached Files:

2. canada eh macrumors regular

This makes me feel better about the new systems, it would be good to have the extra GPU and CPU clock speeds and the 10 hour battery, but thats all I want from the new model, the 4gb in the base model is nice too, but it is easily upgradable. Nice to know that there isn't much a difference from my point of view.

3. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

I'm glad I'm skipping this update because in my opinion, it just isn't worth it. I don't really rely that much on Geekbench scores and this and that, but for your everyday browsing/media there is nothing even remotley better than the 2009 MBP. As you said, the 4GB is nice but easily upgradeable. The only thing I kinda want is the [supposed] 10-hour battery, but when you think about it, that can be taken care of too, by just replacing it with a new battery at Apple or and authorized repair shop.

4. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

Launch a video game and there will be a world of difference in performance. :)

5. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

For all its worth, I read reports that the 2010 is relatively cooler. Perhaps you can install iStat and check it out?

6. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

When I was playing some games, it dropped to 3000, but it's worth it (CoD4).

The temperature is around 35~45 degrees on iStat, and on SMCFancontrol, it's approximately 30~35 degrees on daily usage.
    There are reports that the core i5 is going to be on the 13" later on. Apple can't drop the battery life below 10 hours now, so I would expect bigger capacity battery with slightly better GPU in June.

Cross fingers on OS X 10.7 in June WWDC!

7. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

I don't do video games. I DO use Photoshop and Lightroom for editing photos. Is there any significant difference for this type of usage?

I like the 13" form factor because it will fit in my camera back pack in the field. I will plug into a large monitor at home.

8. nicksmac macrumors newbie

when i look at the specs for the 09 and then the 10 i would have to say that i like the 2010 is a lot better then the 09 but my brother has a macbook pro 09 and he loves. but the 2010 has a lot of better specs like the ten hour battery,Up to 1.8x faster than previous-generation 13-inch MacBook Pro3 so overall the 2010 is better but the 09 is still a great laptop:apple:

9. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

How fast the 10 MPB is compared to 09 MBP depends on where you came from (as in computers).

From Windows (My sister): I don't care, because this MBP 09 is blazing fast!

From Macbook (me): This computer has the best design, backlit keyboard, better iSight camera, faster CPU and GPU (i used to use GMA 950), and who gives sh*t if you love it?

From Macbook Pro (My uncle said this, actually): Apple is doing some bad business. I waited for Core i processors, but now, they stick with C2D. Putting Core i5, or even i3, would be better than getting 10 hours of battery life.

10. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

1.8x faster is only the GPU, the cpu is about 10% faster
    and the base model has 4 GB standard

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Since Geekbench only measure the processor and memory… and those two have not really changed in the last 2 years, the scores are bound to be close.