MBP 13" 2010 battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shockre, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Shockre macrumors member

Hi all,
    I read dozens of threads about battery problems and "problems" and i couldnt find a fix or something. i have my mbp for like a month, it has 29 cycles and the battery health is at 89%! wtf?! i wasnt concerned when it was 97..95..93.. i was thinking it was ok.. but now its 89 and that isnt cool anymore. in a few weeks it will be 85-83 if it continues like this! i know that it should be around 80 at about 1000 cycles, but mine will be after 70-80 cycles. and my battery life decreased from about 8 hours to 4.30 hours. my brightness is at about 65%, keyboard light at 30%.. apps:mail, chrome, netnewswire, steam, tweetie, messenger for mac and itunes. i calibrated a few times, i replaced hdd and installed fresh copy od snow leopard but its not helping. really dont know what to do now. is there some kind of software that can check if the battery has a hardware defect or something? we dont have apple stores and geniuses here and i cant give my laptop to authorised service because i will get it back in a month or so thats the last option.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How are you determining the battery health is 89%?

3. Shockre thread starter macrumors member