mbp 13' 2010 freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raggur, May 16, 2010.

1. raggur macrumors newbie

So, i know a lot of people are having trouble with their new i5/7 mbp freezing.

However, of course with my typical good luck this happens to my mbp 13' (almost one month old). It just had its third freeze now. This has happened about once a week since I got it.

What happens is that the whole machine seems to freeze, I can't move the mouse or anything. If there are any sound on, it freezes as well (repeating one tone over and over).

As some people with the i5 issue has said that their machine has come back after 15 minutes or so, I tried this now, but it didn't come back after 20 min so I forced it off.

This time I was running pages and spotify when the freeze occured. other times I was running more programs at once (web browsing, music -itunes or spotify, pages, mail etc). never any heavy programs, like editing though.

In the console log these are the last messages I can find:

This must be right before the freeze:
    5/17/10 1:52:16 AM [0x0-0x11c11c].com.spotify.client[3031] 00:52:16.052 I [gui:2691] Flash version 10, user agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko)

This is after the freeze it seems:
    5/17/10 2:15:17 AM com.apple.launchd[1] *** launchd[1] has started up. ***

5/17/10 2:15:51 AM com.apple.WindowServer[57] Mon May 17 02:15:51 (username removed)-MacBook-Pro.local WindowServer[57] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

5/17/10 2:16:06 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[79] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self

Anyone know what these means?

I have run a full hardware test and it says that nothing is wrong. This is my first mac, and I am really sad that the machine fails on me. Could this be a software issue that can be fixed by an update from Apple or should I return my laptop?

Has anyone else experience this with their 13'? As said I'm new to mac, so my knowledge is not great. Any help would be very appreciated!

cheers

2. speedy gonzales macrumors newbie

my first post on forum.
    I had the same issue for the first time yesterday. MBP 13, one month old. Freezed while we where watching something using Flash . NOTHING else where loaded, no other apps where running. Only Safari with one tab.