Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingping14

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Its a 2010 model with the nVidia 320m so its not that old, I installed Lion on it when it first came out and I've done all the updates and all. Recently I've been seeing these graphics glitches, sorta like a portion of the screen just turns into a checkered pattern for a split second and turns normal again, its not a major problem but it looks like some part in my MBP is failing.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

dave197

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2010
Stafford, UK
Yes i have exactly the same mbp and issue, only noticed it whilst using chrome so maybe its a browser problem tied in with lion rather than the gpu itself

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I have seen other threads about this, so you guys aren't alone. Perhaps you should do a screen record to determine if it is only affecting the panel or actually occurring from the gpu. Then if it shows up in the video I would definately bring it by an Apple service center when you can. FYI you can use QuickTime to do a simple screen recording.

kingping14

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
thanks but there is no way I can trigger this effect manually, also now that someone mentioned it I do remember it happening mostly when I'm using Chrome

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.