MBP 13" 2011 Battery..Again

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Polofiesta, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Polofiesta macrumors member

Hey guys, i want to know about the policy or whatever there called about MBP batteries. My battery health after 5 cycles or 1 week is 93% and my full charge capacity is 5383mAh. Will they replace my battery is it goes down below 80% health before 1000 cycles? because i have been treating this battery pretty well. I think so, I've been getting it down to about 20% and charging it to full and then leaving it conencted to the ac power whenever I don't need to use the battery. I know this is another question but can someone tell me what the best way to conserve batter life is?
    1) Drain it fully, charge it fully
    2) Drain it to 20%, charge it fully
    3) Drain it to about half and then charge it
    or any other way. All forums that i read are contradicting eachother and I do not know what to do with my battery. I left it one night on sleep with the charger plugged in? Is that bad... sorry about all the question but I just want to get a definite answer. Thank you! And I have read the battery FAQ but i am still unsure.

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

So why not go read the extensive post in the FAQs? There are guides here for a reason: so you won't have to be confused and post topics like this.