MBP 13" 2011 - SD Card Problem...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rashdown_online, Mar 21, 2011.

1. rashdown_online macrumors member

Hi all.

I recently bought a 13" entry-level MBP and am very happy with it (except for screen resolution size - but I knew that already).

However, a problem has occured where the SD card slot is playing silly-bu&%ers.

My wife has several 2Gb SDHC cards (SanDisk) and everything works the way it should after she takes some pix and puts the SD card in the slot (card mounts; can access contents via Finder, or; can import into iPhoto).

I have a new SanDisk ExtremePro 8Gb card, but nothing happens when I put that in the slot - i mean nothing at all (no mounting; can't be seen in Disk Utility; etc).

I'm also having problems when connecting my camera (Canon 7D) to the MBP via the USB lead. (the 7D takes CF cards, I know. I have a SD to CF converter in-body. All combinations worked fine on old RevA Intel iMac which is currently in the loft)

If I use an all-in-one card reader, the ExtremePro card is instantly recognised and business as usual - but I really would like to use the built in slot!.

Just wondered if anyone else out there has experienced the same kind of issues, and could perhaps share some wisdom in mitigating?

Thanks in advance.

Roland

2. yeahyeahright macrumors newbie

Gosh! Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one having problems like this!

Unfortunately, there's no fix to date, so we're stuck with a really nice laptop with a card reader that wouldn't do much.

I'd previously contacted Sandisk and they've been really helpful, the result though was that it isn't a problem with the SD Card.

I've emailed Apple, dropped a message on their discussion forum but have not received much help.

I really hope they come up with a fix soon, I own a Sandisk 16gb SDHC Extreme Class 10 card, and some times it'll get detected, but most of the time it doesn't!

Here's a video I did which I had submitted to Apple, hopefully they'll figure something out soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHPlIVRhko

Andrew