For everyone who has the same issue, this seems to fix the problem:
There was indeed a missing key in NVRAM. The fix can be found here - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427286?answerId=33791001022#33791001022 - Thank you mattrogers
- boot into recovery
- open terminal
- type: nvram 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c:epid_provisioned=%01%00%00%00
- press enter
I just received a base model 13 inch MBP 2018 with Touch Bar. I have stutters one some websites in Safari where the mouse pointer and the entire machine won't react for a split second every few seconds. I made a video of the whole problem:
Can someone with a new 2018 MacBook Pro please test these two websites:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137846/ (click on the trailer preview)
On the Bloomberg website, as you can see on the video, when moving the mouse (with the trackpad) in a circle the pointer just freezes every few seconds. Even when the tab is only in background, the entire machine across all apps stutters. It is even worse on the IMDB trailer page when viewing the video.
Can someone please test if your 2018 MBP shows the same behavior on these pages. Just keep moving the mouse around and you should see the stutters (or not)?
Is my MBP defective? What I tried:
- reinstall High Sierra from internet recovery --> freezes
- use Safari Technology Preview --> freezes
- reset Safari/delete/deactivate all extensions/cache --> freezes
- clean install Mojave Beta, just after reinstall is done test with Safari (no other software etc. installed) --> freezes
- use Chrome --> NO freezes
Yesterday I installed the new supplemental update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 but this doesn't improve anything
Is my machine defective or is this some Safari bug with the new 2018 MacBook Pros? Does yours show the same behavior? Thanks! What should i do? I just got this 2000€ laptop on Monday and I find this not really acceptable...