MBP 13 and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bulldog3777, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Apr 2, 2009
    I just ordered Snow Leopard for $9.95 since I just purchased the MBP 13. My question, I have the MBP 15, 2.53 I bought in March. Will I be able to use the disk on both computers or will there be something built in to prevent that??
  2. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2009
    Im guessing it will link to the serial number of your laptop or something like that. You can buy a family pack which gives you a considerable discount when compared with buying individual licenses for multiple computers.
  3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

Apr 3, 2007
    1 Finite Place
    Generally OS X operating systems have never phoned home or required serial numbers or any sort of system pairing.
    its a general rule that its meant for single licensed use.

Now there is no official word on if SL will need a serial, at this point it just needs an installation of Leopard...so I'll go on a limb and say no, no other requirements are necessary.

Also, it probably wouldnt have any negative affect on you to use the same install disc on multiple computers; its just against the EULA.

ive had to use a single disk image of Leopard to restore multiple macs off the same installation and nothing negative happened though they do have their own installation discs , it was just easier to do it off one single image.