MBP 13" Anti-glare Screen Configuration option

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by christoph2, Feb 25, 2011.

1. christoph2 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Macbook Pro 13" to replace my 15" Asus Notebook. The MBP would be my first Mac.

But there were two things which I hated on my 15" Asus: The size (no problem now, because I would take the 13" MBT), and the ****ing glossy display which reflects everything...

Now my question: How likely do you think is it that the 13" model will get the option in the apple store to get a anti-glare screen?

Has apple ever offered such an update a few months after a Macbook refresh?
    Or do I have to wait for the next Macbook refresh to maybe find this option?

Yours,
    Christoph

2. Davichi macrumors 6502

No anti-glare on 13 MBP. Wait continues.

Several months is very vague.

I don't see MBP getting another update until late 2011 at the earliest. Apple won't pass 12 months cycle on MBP, but that's it. You are looking about waiting for 8-10 months.

3. christoph2, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

christoph2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I need the Macbook for college in October, but I thought I could buy it now because there wouldn´t be a refresh until October.

But if there would be an option for an anti glare display in August or September I would regret it...

EDIT:
    ...or if there is a complete MBP refresh in December which removes the optical drives and uses a high res anti glare screen I would also regret to have bought the MBP now because then I would have used the MBP only for October and November... Then I would rather use my Asus until the next refresh in December...

4. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

If you are set on the 13" size, could a 13" Macbook Air work for you? They have a non-glossy screen.

5. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'll buy one as soon as they release it. Until then, I'm dealing with my cracking and chipping Macbook, complete with nonfunctioning f keys and dead shift key.

6. macdud macrumors member

I feel you... i can't stand the MBPs glossy glass screen, it's basically a mirror under 50% brightness !!

Has anybody ever tried a anti-glare screen film? power support makes one for the MBP 13"

7. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

I've only read a few reviews of one particular film, but it got rather mixed/lousy reviews. I don't remember the name, as I pretty much wrote it off after reading about it.

But, if there were a decent one, I'd sure like to know about it. I really don't need or want a 15" computer, so I hate to buy one just for the anti-glare. OTOH, I'm not a fan of the glossy, for my use.

Anyone know of a good film to reduce the glossines?

8. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

Please, if you wish Apple offered a matte (non-glare) option, and a higher-resolution option (1440x900), send Apple feedback directly. Make sure you're polite. I sent in feedback this morning requesting both as BTO options for the MPB13. Possibly maybe if enough different people write in and make the case, we'll see the options added.

9. christoph2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately the Macbook Air is no option for me because the performance is less, the keyboard is not backlit and it has too few connectors (especially the thunderbolt connector is very cool).

Hmm I think I will wait until October and watch the apple store and the rumors carefully...
    Maybe they will offer an anti glare screen until October or there will be signs that the Macbook Pros will get a big refresh in December...

I sent apple a feedback, now let us pray that they will do it :eek:

10. Buck987, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Buck987 macrumors 6502a

no chance in dec....it would be financially unsound to have a major update during the holiday shopping season