Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
Hey guys. So i was just carrying my MBP in my hand today by my hip and i started hearing some noises when i started walking. It looks like its the back door, if i touch down on it a little, it seems like it moves up and down a little (up meaning up towards the machine when its closed). Are the screws just loose or is this normal.

moral-hazard

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2009
Hey guys. So i was just carrying my MBP in my hand today by my hip and i started hearing some noises when i started walking. It looks like its the back door, if i touch down on it a little, it seems like it moves up and down a little (up meaning up towards the machine when its closed). Are the screws just loose or is this normal.

I would unscrew it, re-seat it, and screw it down again. Should fix the issue.

The other possibility is that what you were hearing is the hard drive motion sensor kicking in when you move the laptop (carry it).

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
I would unscrew it, re-seat it, and screw it down again. Should fix the issue.

The other possibility is that what you were hearing is the hard drive motion sensor kicking in when you move the laptop (carry it).

i thought the HD might have been it, which scared me, but then i checked and it is in fact the bottom, not enough movement to worry about yet i think, if it starts getting looser somehow i'll be unscrewing for sure.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
Anyone else have an opinion on this? Should i try tightening the screws or is this normal for mid 09 MBPs?

Thanks, its just an annoyance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.