MBP 13 Back-Ordered at Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GregPQ, Apr 26, 2010.

1. GregPQ macrumors regular

GregPQ

I ordered a MBP 13" from Amazon 4/20. They estimate shipping between 5/12 and 5/24.

Other resellers (e.g., MacMall, MacConnection, BHVideo) appear to have the 13" in stock.

What's up with Amazon?

Greg

2. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Rumor has it Jeff Bezo's is down with Shantanu Narayen - like they play pickup basketball and stuff. Steve does not like this. Thus Amazon gets crapped on when it comes to filling their stock of Apple goodness.

No seriously it's probably just a hot seller on Amazon and will be back in a day or two.

3. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I know MacConnection does not have the base 13" MBP in stock until 30APR. They have been on back order for 2 weeks!

4. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

Try powermax.com free shipping and no sales tax. thats where I ordered mine from.

5. MTD's Mac macrumors regular

MTD's Mac

My 13" MBP also came from Amazon and had the same long wait for shipping, then promptly shipped in a few days and was in my hands more than a week before the estimate. IMO, Amazon just plays it safe when they calculate dates.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4

MacConnection appears to have the best "reseller deal" going on right now for the MBPro 13" base model - $1,049 after a $100 mail-in rebate. The expiration date is April 30th. Free shipping and no sales tax for most states (NOTE: they _do_ charge sales tax for _some_ states, be sure to hunt down and read the fine print).

But enough folks seem to have availed themselves of this deal that it's pushed them into backorder, with the next shipment arriving about April 30.

I called and the sales person said that the rebate will be honored for orders taken before the 30th....

7. ldobson macrumors regular

Yeah looks like the 13' MacBook Pro is a very hot item right now, I ordered directly from Apple on Saturday and should be mine by May 3rd.