MBP 13 Buying Dilemma - Advice Pls

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Herman123, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Herman123 macrumors newbie

I have the option to buy a new Macbook Pro 13 2010 model for EUR 899 until Friday this week. The regular price in Europe is EUR 1.150 and you can get it with a student discount for EUR 1.010.

I want to buy a laptop for web surfing, mail, MS Office, foto collection and light picture editing.

Should I buy at this price? Or wait until the next refresh?

2. willieva macrumors 6502

The current mbp is more than enough for what you want. You don't need to wait for a faster model. Buy it now and have fun.

3. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

for what your current needs are it sounds good - maybe also check out the refurb store to see the price there as another comparison point.

(on the bottom left hand corner of the normal store page)

Assuming you're not getting the max ram etc, it's always cheaper to upgrade with external vendors, same with the hard disc.

4. Herman123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your responses. At this price refurbs are even more expensive.

You are saying it is good for my current needs. How future proof is such a system given the "old" processor? What drawbacks do I have in the longer run?

5. willieva macrumors 6502

If you need a computer now then the 13" mbp will fit your needs. It will last you for years, given the type of computing you want to do. If you don't need one now then wait to get it. Computers are always getting fast and cheaper.

Since one of the main reasons you want a computer is for MS office you might want to consider getting a windows laptop. You'll get a faster computer for less money at this point. And if you have to share documents with other people that are using the windows flavor of office it might make your life simpler.

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I don't see any drawbacks given your current needs. Especially if you need it now there is no need to wait.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I would definitely say to go ahead and buy it. Sounds like a great deal and the computer is perfect for your needs.

Buy it and enjoy :cool:.

8. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

The 13" MBP is totally capable for your needs. I say get it!