Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoja2hoja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Hi,

I have a new MBP 13" and a Samsung SyncMaster BX2335. The output on the monitor is DVI. I have a DVI to VGA adapter and am planning to get an official VGA to Minidisplay adapter.

Do you think the connection will be successful by using these 2 adapters at the same time?
Any thoughts or feedback will be appreciated - thanks!

clickclickw00t

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Hi,

I have a new MBP 13" and a Samsung SyncMaster BX2335. The output on the monitor is DVI. I have a DVI to VGA adapter and am planning to get an official VGA to Minidisplay adapter.

Do you think the connection will be successful by using these 2 adapters at the same time?
Any thoughts or feedback will be appreciated - thanks!

Why not just mini-display to dvi?

hoja2hoja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2011
I plan to purchase the minidisplay to VGA as I have many other monitors with only VGA input.
I can get the minidisplay to DVI, but just thought it would be a good idea to ask beforehand.

But yea, please let me know if it sounds okay if I can use a DVI to VGA and VGA to minidisplay. Thanks!

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
mDP to VGA and VGA to DVI will work fine. However, you stated that your adapter was DVI to VGA - that won't work with a mDP to VGA adapter. You need an adapter with a female VGA to male DVI.

I would recommend you use mDP to DVI instead though.

Also, I hope you meant that the input on your monitor is DVI. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.