MBP "13 Crashing During Podcast

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Salty222, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Salty222 macrumors newbie

I currently host a podcast using Spreaker.com When I host this I have Spreaker.com open, skype open with a conversation going on with my co-host and multiple callers calling in, several web pages open to help with the podcast, youtube open at times to add in extra sounds.

A lot of the time my laptop will "Crash" (Safari has to close) or the CPU will slow down and the audio is jacked up, while opening up new web pages. It's very frustrating and something I want to correct.

I run the podcast on and currently own the Early 2011 MBP "13. It's stock as best as I can tell -
    -2.3 GHZ i5
    -4 GB 1333 MHz DDR
    -320 GB Sata Disk

If I upgrade the RAM would that help this issue? From 4GB to 8GB? Would I need to go as high as 16GB? If so what type of RAM is best or does it matter?

I've heard a lot about SSD drives as well. Would that help the issue? (I don't think it would but figured it's worth asking about.)

Thanks.

(Long time reader of the forum but new poster.)

Salty

2. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Any one of your suggestions would considerably help any situation.

I would say RAM may help you the most providing there is no underlining fault. Have you looked at activity monitor while working?