Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

captain-rossco

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Bristol, UK
Hi All,

Tomorrow morning the brand new MBP 13 2.53 goes back to Apple for yet another dead pixel issue!

The Staff in my local store are so, so helpful and are always there to help, but this will be my 4th pixel related return. It's a mighty fine machine but I'm beginning to feel like "that guy" who always takes his macs back!

Has anyone else had (or known of anyone) with similar screen issues?

Best Wishes
CR

thisday

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2008
Test it before you leave the store. I've done this before, and found dead pixels.

Well this sound right, but since i dont own a macbook yet i ll ask: you push on/off for the first time, goes through intro etc so you check for pixels and stops in configuation panel. If i close the sceen it will go to sleep and i can continue at home?

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Hi All,

Tomorrow morning the brand new MBP 13 2.53 goes back to Apple for yet another dead pixel issue!

The Staff in my local store are so, so helpful and are always there to help, but this will be my 4th pixel related return. It's a mighty fine machine but I'm beginning to feel like "that guy" who always takes his macs back!

Has anyone else had (or known of anyone) with similar screen issues?

Best Wishes
CR

if you post this is the MBP forum, you might have better results...

CrackBookPro:cool:

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
sorry for my ignorance but how do i know if i have a dead pixel!??

i mean can you clearly see it? or you have to test it some how?

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I have the 9C9E screen with 1 dead pixel.
However the pixel is in the dock area below the mail icon if you have the dock how it came originally.
Now the dock is minimised, it is in the 'status bar' of Safari.
I decided I could live with it, as there aren't many applications where that 1 pixel in the area it is would affect me in any way.

To check for dead pixels, you can download an app that goes through different colours and you just look closely at the screen? That is what I did...

adamfishercox

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
You clearly don't have one if you don't know what it is. Why bother searching for problems? a dead pixel is a "burnt out" pixel. you would see it.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
sorry for my ignorance but how do i know if i have a dead pixel!??

i mean can you clearly see it? or you have to test it some how?

If you haven't already noticed it, it probably doesn't affect you, heh...

To check for dead pixels, you can download an app that goes through different colours and you just look closely at the screen? That is what I did...
Setting the desktop to pure white, then pure black will show any dead/stuck pixels you may have; no programs/apps needed.

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
If you haven't already noticed it, it probably doesn't affect you, heh...

Setting the desktop to pure white, then pure black will show any dead/stuck pixels you may have; no programs/apps needed.

ohh no, i just want to know how that is done, i've always heard of that on computers and TVs (LCDs) and no one has never explain me , hhehehehehhehe:D

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
OooHH?
What colour and size are dead pixels usually?

Maybe I just have a persistent bit of dust under the screen?
I can see it now on the grey status bar, and yes on white and other colours, but not on black.

*edit* Hmm I used google images, and it didn't really help.
Oh well, I don't care anyway.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
A dead pixel will be black, as it's dead.

A stuck pixel will be either red, green, blue or white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.