mbp 13" display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vader666, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Vader666 macrumors newbie

dear folks,
    i´ve a question about the display behaviour of my mid 2009 mbp 13". different to all the mobile macs i owned iin the past, the display won´t change brightness immediately when the user is inactive or the power-supply is cut off. instead it does a slight "fade-out" and even a "fade-in" if the power-supply is connected or user is active again. is this a new feature or just a bug in my machine? i have a 13" mbp 2,53 with the 9c9f panel and would be glad to hear from other users of a similar machine to compare.

best regards,
    stef

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What are your system preferences set to as far as your display goes?
    List both preferences that are set while plugged in and while on battery power.

3. Cybbe macrumors 6502

Cutting the power supply changes the brightness immediately on my MBP13". I would double-check your energy saver preferences (where you can turn this dimming on and off), as it seems odd that this is a hardware issue.

4. Vader666 thread starter macrumors newbie

in the system prferences all option-boxes for energy-saving are checked on, but that was also on all the other machines in the past. setting the dimming on or off makes no difference.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Screenshot?
    It sounds odd but I'm not sure there is a problem just yet.

6. vant macrumors 65816

That's normal. It's much more comfortable to the eyes for a slow adjustment than an immediate one.

7. Vader666 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, so is it a "new feature"? even my late 2008 mbp15" was not acting in that way.

8. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Mine fades too.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the LED backlighting as opposed to CFL.