MBP 13 Early 14 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bart., Feb 11, 2014.

  1. bart. macrumors newbie

    Nov 10, 2012
    Hi guys,

    according to the recent years Apple refresh MBP twice a year and it the Early incarnation happens in February/March.
    However we are in middle of February now and I can't find any single rumor about the new products.

    Did I miss something? Apple is quite predictable with the releases. Not this time however. Asking as I would like to buy a new notebook, however I would be pissed off if they released a new one few days later ;)

  2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

    Oct 19, 2011
    There was an early update in 2013, 2011 and 2009, but none in 2012, 2010.

    We have seen last year that Apple is not all that predictable, with the MBPs being updated 3 months after the MBA.

    Apart from that, I did not see any new Intel CPUs, so there is nothing to update. Some interesting things might happen in summer (new NVidia GPU), so we will see.
  3. bart. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 10, 2012
    Oh you are rather correct (there was the early 2010 but not late 2010).
    However since the MBP is in production they usually release the models twice a year.

    They also ALWAYS release the MBP 2-3 months after the MBA so I don't know why you are suprised here.

    Take look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Macintosh_models

    However, it seems I can order the new MBPR now as I would need for the next month and chances to refresh the line are quite low now.

    PS. Apart from the CPU and GPU, they could refresh Retina as well. The 13" resolution is quite small, it should be 2880x1800 to double the MBA resolution.
  4. accountforit macrumors 6502a

    Jan 22, 2014
    So you would be pissed if you bought a redesigned computer that was just released 4 months ago?
  5. bart. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 10, 2012
    Sure, after spending almost $4000 - yes. Especially as prices for used electronics go down quickly on a second market. So it's better have newer version for reselling later.

    I still own 13" Early 2011 with i7@2.7GHz, 16GB of RAM and 512SSD SamsungPro + 1TB 7200rpm in OptiBay and I am more than happy with the hardware.

    I just need more mobility with a great LCD screen for photography. So Retina is the product of choice. However, it's ok to me to wait a bit if it's worth to.
  6. philxor macrumors regular

    Dec 21, 2010
    Is there a new thread about this every day? I think I've seen a new one every day for a solid week.

    The next revision will likely coincide with the Intel Broadwell release, which was delayed so chances are we won't see a refresh until the fall sometime. Some are saying June, but I kind of doubt it.
  7. accountforit macrumors 6502a

    Jan 22, 2014
    4k? I think you have more to worry about than a new release. If you are spending 4k, then I think you need to reevaluate purchasing options.

    Once you start waiting, then you are never happy because a new product is always around the corner. The best practice is to buy the product with the best resale value and upgrade more frequently. Maxing out new technology is a never ending money pit that is very seldom worthwhile.

Share This Page