MBP 13'' early 2011 runs really HOT

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maarten12321, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Maarten12321 macrumors newbie

Dear members,

Since a little while I am struggling with the following problem: during normal (non-intensive) use of my MBP 13'' early 2011 suddenly it runs really hot (85 degrees Centigrade and above -> iStatPro). There are no actions, commands or programs I initiated that could possibly be the cause of this hot-issue. During my investigation to identify the cause, I noticed the following processes running in the activity monitor using the option 'all processes': isof, bash, curl, cut, stat, uname, cron, sendmail. These processes will take up almost all processor power and even worse: withdrawl of my battery power in no-time. Also, as mentioned before, the computer runs really hot. The only way to solve this problem seems to be restarting the whole system or keep 'force stopping' each of these processes individually. They also have the tendency to keep coming back.. At some point they won't come back, and the system cools down. All together this is really anoying.

Is there anybody that knows the solution to this problem? I am running a factory standard MBP 13'' early 2011 on OS X 10.8.4. I look forward hearing from you all.

Greetings,
    Maarten

2. windowstomac macrumors regular

May be worth taking the back off and giving everything a good blast with a compressed air spray - you may just have blocked fan vents.

3. Maarten12321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Windowstomac, thank you for your response. I already cleaned the inside of the MBP. No dust will be found in there anymore. The fan works fine.. It seems to me like a software problem, because these processes keep 'looping' and won't stop by themself. Sometimes these processes are active more than once in the activity monitor..

4. windowstomac macrumors regular

If it's an early 2011 MBP, have you upgraded from SL to Lion and then to ML? May be worth backing up your stuff and doing a clean install of ML?

5. Maarten12321 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

You might try running Verify Disk and/or Repair Disk Permissions on the hard drive with Disk Utility. If that doesn't help I would re-install ML. Have a good backup first!!