MBP 13" Fan same as MBU 13" Fan?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by radionickhead, Oct 20, 2009.

1. radionickhead macrumors regular

Hey everyone, the reason I am asking is because apparently my fan is "hitting somewhere" according to a London apple genius..This results in an incredibly annoying sound for however long my laptop is turned on...(where it becomes increasingly annoying the more I use the laptop and hence the fan speed increases)..But it would take two weeks for them to replace it(which I find ridiculous) so I figured I would replace it myself and just pay for the fan..
    I can't afford to lose my laptop for 2 weeks..
    I haven't found any sites selling macbook pro 13" fans only ALU macbook 13" fans, specifically here:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/product.php?productid=17239&cat=0&page=1

Anyone know if ill have any trouble using this one? .. I would think its the same.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

2. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

I know its a bad time since the updates were today but any answer is much appreciated -thanks .

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

4. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Sounds ridiculous, my local apple retailer managed to order tow logic boards and a screen for me over the last years, all within a week.

I could also use my machine until the parts appeared and all the times I got my machine repaired the same day.

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You've got a good service provider, stick with them.

I took mine to an Apple Store here and they had it for a week just for a hinge issue.:rolleyes:

7. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

I've been quite unlucky with my apple products...my first being a MBU and it had a problem with a screen that would buzz according to the brightness of it..Also highly irritating..I took it to another apple store and almost missed the appointment but they saw me luckily..Replaced my screen by the evening and gave me a call, picked it up the next day..Unfortunately the problem was still there, it was great service though.
    The problem I've been having is that it took me 2 weeks alone to manage to book a weekend appointment, so you can imagine I was pretty upset when I finally got in and found out it would take them 2 weeks to replace a fan..
    Another user talking to a genius next to me had to wait 3 weeks for his macbook for some other absurd reason..
    Anyway my fan should come in today and I guess I'm performing the surgery myself, from the one hand I feel a little pissy that I had to result in buying the parts myself but at least I keep my laptop...I think they should definetly change their policy, I mean I even asked if I could keep it until the part came in but they didn't accept.