MBP 13 freezing constantly - Freezes on reboot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by glap1922, Jul 24, 2009.

1. glap1922 macrumors regular

Hello,

Recently my 13 inch MBP has been freezing a lot. It seems similar to the 1.7 firmware problem many are reporting, but from what I can tell from their posts the freezing only lasts 15-30 seconds then they can work again. On my computer the freezing does not stop and I am forced to hold the power button to shutdown every time. When I attempt to reboot the computer after that I have to reset the PRAM every time.

I am using a 3rd party hard drive that worked fine up until a little less than a week ago, and also worked fine in my old plastic white macbook. When I put the stock hard drive back in it seems to work fine, but I admittedly haven't used it as extensively and not all of my apps are installed, but most of my freezing occurs in safari as well sometimes itunes.

Any help on this would be appreciated as I really don't feel like taking a trip to my apple store. If anyone knows how to downgrade firmware back to 1.6 I would try that as well, but I am not sure if that is possible. Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Here is link for 1.6 FW. Don't know does it work but you can always try.

3. glap1922 thread starter macrumors regular

I tired that, but it doesn't allow you to downgrade firmware that way. Right now I am using the stock drive that I imaged from my larger drive. This drive is working fine so it is def something to do with that physical drive.