Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srq89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Hi,

So I have what I belve is a lte 2009 MBP 13". It's been out of warranty for a while now so I can't take it back to apple.

Anyhow, about a month and a half ago my MBP pro got stuck and just wouldn't respond, and a reboot resulted in the dreaded, unresponsive hard drive.

After buying a new hard drive, i plugged it back into the MBP and it wouldn't get recognized. I tried disk utility, resetting pram, formatting it to fat 32 to get picked up and all sorts of other stuff, but it just didn't work.

So, I bought a SATA cable, and plugged it in externally to install the Journaled partition and the Mac OSX on it, and it initially failed about 3 times with the "installer could not copy files" or "installation couldn't not be completed, contact the software manufacturer" error. Anyhow after successfully installing it, I plugged it back into the MBP and still no go.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong before I order and replace the Hardware cable? if there's anyway to toruble shoot it, please let me know.

ThankS!

ps: the application disk doesn't work either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.