MBP 13" High Res Matte

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phil123, Jul 11, 2010.

1. phil123 macrumors member

phil123

I was my local Apple store yesterday and came to the realization that Mr. Jobs' company just does not make the computer I want...yet.

I love the higher resolution matte screen of the 15". BUT IT IS TOO BIG! I'll be carrying it around all the time and picking it up vs picking up the 13" in the store, well the difference is just huge.

I love the form factor of the 13". It's perfect. But that gloss low res screen is just so off putting.

Hopefully the next minor update (fall???) will be the 13"'s screen getting the same treatment at the 15"'s.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I wouldn't expect it in the next update but in the update after that. 17" got hi res option in early 2008 and it became a standard in early 2009 so after three generations, the 15" got the update with hi res screen. Now it's been only one gen so I wouldn't expect hi res 13" yet.

Matte screen has been beaten to death and it seems that it's not gonna happen as 13" has always had glossy as far as I know plus Apple wants you to pay more for 15"

Of course just my guess