MBP 13' Hinges

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Johnny Cake, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Johnny Cake macrumors newbie

I had it for a while(a month? a month and a half maybe?) and I've noticed from the beginning that the hinges are LOOSE.

I thought it was normal so I checked my sister's who bought at the same time as I have. Her's isn't loose, her screen doesn't fall down when you move laptop (as in, it's sitting on the floor and I "drag" it couple inches and the screen jerks backwards)

I also bought apple-care when I bought MBP. Do you think applecare can fix this? Because this is total BULL. Because when ever I leave it on my lap to take lecture notes and I move my leg even a bit the screen jerks all the way back. Making it super irrigating.

PS it's 13' MBP.

And only "apple store" i know is that small shop @ university campus (it has that "apple Retailer" or w/e sign)

2. umiwangu macrumors 6502

No, definitely not normal. Call AppleCare if you can't find a store close by.

3. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

My school has an apple repair facility right on campus. Two in fact. One for the massive numbers of Macs the university owns, and the other for anybody (student or otherwise) with a Mac. If your campus has an "apple store" chances are they might have some ability to fix them too, especially as the university probably owns and operates a ton of macs.

Ruahrc

4. Johnny Cake thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I hope they can fix it there! And I also hope this is covered in my Apple Care -____-

5. Johnny Cake thread starter macrumors newbie

I called apple, and they said it's 100% covered under applecare. But they warned me each stores has different "rules" they set up. W.T.F? LAME.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well, you'll just have to go round and find one where the "rules" cover your computer lol... They should have the same rules in each store though...

7. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

But I thought the 13 inch owners assured us all that this 'feature' was the preserve of the 15". Another myth debunked. :rolleyes:

8. Johnny Cake thread starter macrumors newbie

well it's not as loose as it was before (weird). But the fact that my screen hinge are looser than normal ones PISSES ME OFF.

University campus better say "yes".