MBP 13" (I open it or not)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Noxs, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Noxs macrumors newbie

Hi all, today I just purchased the Macbook Pro 2.4 (a very generous gift.) Anyway, I've been watching this page, and I was surprised that say "Don't Buy - Updates soon".

This is the first time i have an Apple computer and i dont know very well how apple updates their products.

Do you advise me, I open my MBP because future updates will not be very important or I wait to come out the newly updated MBP.

I hope you can help me!

Thank you very much and best regards.

2. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

Open it. Were still a ways off from a new one (1-3 months).

3. BigMoo macrumors member

It depends, do you really need it now? Or can you wait a few months? If you need it as soon as possible you might as well just open it and use it. But if you can wait then you might as well wait for the updates.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Do you need it now? An update is expected to take place within few months so if you can wait, then I would return it and wait for the update.

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

dude just use it. Unless you're some sort of hardcore power user, the updated that come out won't improve your computers performance by that much from where it currently stands now. So if I were you, I'd just use it man

6. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I agree, open it and use it now, you'll love it!!!

7. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

OMFG! What is up with all these OCD people?

Just use the damn beautiful machine.

8. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

Quoted for truth.

It's a gift!

9. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

just use it, the 13" will likely still use C2D after the refresh due to paten disputes between intel and nvidia that prevents nvidia from making integrated graphic solutions for the ix series processors.

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

It's an amazing machine. Open it and use it now if you need it. That is most people's advise- Get one when you need one, and enjoy it, because there is always a new machine just around the corner.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, people are way to anal over the do not buy statement. Its a great machine. Use and enjoy it

12. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Dude, don't open the box! That will detract from future resale value. Just keep the box in indirect sunlight and imagine how cool it would be to actually use it.

13. Built macrumors 68020

I agree.

To the OP...Open it and enjoy it now.

Once you get your hands on it, you will love it!

14. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

15. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

16. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Thank you for the finest expressed sentiment I've heard this week!

17. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Here is the deciding question...do you DEFINITELY want to stick with the 13 despite the 15 having much more capability?

The 15 is also a grand+ more, not nearly as mobile (those 2 inches make a lot of difference actually), and costs more to insure.

The 'newer' 13 inch is not going to be 'like omgz it is a gazogavillion better timz den de lazt lolz'. Computer design doesn't jump, it steps. The 13 inch is the MBP mobility and price winner, it is probably not going to add on things like the better i7 Sandy Bridge systems for a variety of reasons.

Furthermore, if a 13 inch comes out that is a billion times faster and more capable, you are going to pay a hefty price for it. Last time everyone was doing this, the top 13 went from 2.53GHz to 2.66GHz, both Core 2 Duo...while yes, it will probably be more dramatic than that, it is still a capable machine which will run for years. Add a SSD and overall performance will be superior to virtually everything without a SSD.