MBP 13"... i5 or i7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by far4477, Apr 20, 2011.

1. far4477 macrumors member

Hello everybody. I want to get the 13 inch because its so portable but I also need a fairly powerful machine (plenty of ram!), but I am undecided whethere I should get an i5 or an i7. I mainly surf the web and all that stuff, I do some very light gaming but I also use more demanding applications such as photoshop and cubase. Keep in mind i want to keep this laptop for at least 2 years.
    I have heard of many many people who have problems with the i7 (overheating etc.), I will buy this laptop in 2 months, will this be fixed by then?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

i5 and an SSD is a better deal than the i7. I doubt you would notice much difference between the two CPUs but you will definitely notice the SSD.

3. far4477 thread starter macrumors member

I already own an SSD i will put in the mac myself, so that's not an issue :D

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

5. altair7 macrumors member

For cubase, I would go with the fastest possible.

6. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

SEARCH is your friend. There have been innumerable threads on your exact same question.

7. far4477 thread starter macrumors member

I am reading more and more about people with a 13in i7 MBP with those overheating and some battery problems... is it a common issue? i dont want to risk it:(

8. brentsg macrumors 68040

People come here to post about problems. People then look for these problems and obsess over them.

There are heat threads every refresh.