MBP 13" i5 questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sean1218, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Sean1218 macrumors member

Hi, I received my 2011 new MBP yesterday and I have a couple of (minor) concerns that I'd like to have cleared up.

First of all, is it normal for audio on typical desktop actions to be so delayed? For example, when I drag an app from the dock to the desktop (to remove it), I don't hear the 'poof' sound until a second after it disappears. It's like this for similar things too.

Also, I checked how old my MBP (supposedly) is, and it's 22 weeks. Is that weird to anyone else? Wouldn't they have already sold a 5.5 month old laptop? Does this mean it was returned or is refurbished or something?

Lastly, is it normal for the max battery capacity to not start at 100%? Mine was 99% pretty much when I got it. 1% may not seem like a lot, but that's still 50 cycles.

Thanks.

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

As a new Mac owner this worried me at first. But then I realized it happens to everyone, nothing to worry about.

People are way too freaked out about batteries on here. Software doesn't always report accurately either. As long as you don't notice your fully charged battery only lasts for 30 minutes then just use it and enjoy it.

3. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Doesn't seem to happen to me.