mbp 13 inch + 128 SSD VS mba 128 bb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unknown mr T, Feb 24, 2011.

1. unknown mr T macrumors member

what to do now!! I could buy a mba base 13 inch for €1299, or a base 13 inch mbp with 128 gb SSD for 1399. mba has better screen vs the better processor of the mbp. what would you guys do?

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

You also get a much better 1440x900 resolution with the MacBook Air, plus the very thin design and barely any weight to the unit at all. The MacBook Pro will give you up to an i7 processor, Thunderbolt (Light Peak), Ethernet, and FireWire, things you don't get on the MacBook Air. The MacBook Pro is also upgradable to 8GB of RAM, while the MBA can only handle 4GB of RAM, but the MacBook Pro weighs considerable more. Again, you still only get the MacBook resolution of 1280x800 with the MacBook Pro, which would be a deal-breaker for me.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Depends on how you plan to use your computer too. I'd go for the MBA if I were you.

4. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

Sorry to thread jack OP but I'm in the same boat as well.

I use iMovie on occasion, mainly Adobe CS (dreamweaver, Photoshop, illustrator, indesign). I currently have a 15" Penryn with 256mb gpu and 4gb ram. Plan to sell it for a 13" something.

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I'd go for the Air. None of those programs are processor heavy per se, so the extra screen res and SSD will be a lot more noticeable.

6. MultiBat macrumors member

MultiBat

I will buy the base 13" MBP.
    Then if I feel I need to I will buy an SSD and plug it in myself.

I am not really a computer hardware installer kind of guy and I was a bit unsure if I would dare to do that at first, but after watching an instruction video I saw how easy it was.

That also means saving some $£...