MBP 13 inch 2011 video editing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rando408, Jul 6, 2011.

1. rando408 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I'm at vacation in Florida now and we have an Apple store 5 mins away from out house here.

Ive been checking out the MBP 13 inch for 1199 usd since its much cheaper here compared to Sweden where i live.

I will mostly use it for video editing, maybe some WoW on low settings and surfing on the internet in the sofa.
    For video editing i like to use sony vegas but since it doesnt work with mac OSX i can use bootcamp.
    How will it work with sony vegas? I dont need super fast rendering times and so forth but i still want it to work well..

Regards,
    Rando408

2. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

it will work well, right now, intel is one the best for video encoding and decoding, followed by amd, and nvidia, the latter miles away, specially on non quadro cards. The quality and speed is much different.

However if I were you I would grab the base mbp 15, jut because of the quads, if you want to game more you are going to need to get the fully loaded 15 mbp

3. Karr271 macrumors regular

the base model pro is excellent. i've been made many videos on a 2009 macbook pro 13, the first 13"pro, with a 2.26ghz C2d and only 2gb ram with the nvidia 9400m graphics. i haven't had any major problem except being ram but the 4gb will be more than enough and that's upgradable. i've worked on several short clips, 1080p videos, and even a 2-hour long standard definition documentary. so if my 2009 MBP can handle me, the 2011 pro will be great.

4. MuddyDucky macrumors newbie

MuddyDucky

I use the 2011 Macbook Pro 13" for video editing. It is very fast, I do suggest it. The only thing I would encourage is to upgrade the RAM.

5. rando408 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the responses.

If i (hopefully) will buy one i will definitely upgrade the ram on.