MBP 13 inch cooler/usb hub

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Eddyquan, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Eddyquan macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Its my first post here, so hello all!

A bit of background, I'm entering uni this year, and after spending a couple months laptop hunting, I'm set on a MBP 13 inch (Oct 2011 model). I come from a musical background, so I will be recording with the MBP.

As the MBP's only have 2 usb ports, I'm looking for a usb hub and or cooler to use (I don't mind powered ones by the way). What do you guys recommend?

I don't really want to spend more than $40AU on a cooler/usb hub.
    I'd also prefer if all recommendations are products off this site (also buying a bag for my MBP).

Thanks all, and have a great day!
    :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Cooling pads are wastes of money. Just go to your local electronics store and get a $10 USB hub. They're all about the same.

3. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Just curious why you say they're a waste of money.

I had one a while back and ended up giving it away, but recently I've been watching/listening to youtube/netflix while in bed when going to sleep and I've noticed my fans were on high the whole time. My old pad didn't help much, but it did lower the temps a couple of degrees and it did help with air circulation under it. Right now, it's sitting flat on my sheets.

I don't know if I'd pay a LOT of money for my situation, but I am thinking of buying something flat to help with some air circulation.