MBP 13 Inch Heating Issue...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boston44, Aug 3, 2009.

1. boston44 macrumors 6502

I'm on my MBP and as soon as I surf the web for 10 minutes, my temp. is at 80 degrees C and fan is at 3000 RPM. I am only surfing the web on craigslist and ebay, nothing more. I installed iantivirus last night, is it possible this is the problem? I played a flash game for 10 minutes, logged off.. The heating issues were already occurring beforehand. Does anyone understand if this is a problem or just normal? It's never been above 60-70C max before, and 2000 RPM.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Macs don't need antivirus programs. These cause more problems than they help. If anything, it will make your computer busier and therefore hotter.

Flash is also a VERY processor intensive application. One flash video can easily max out your CPU, and therefore bring up temperatures.

80 degrees C is normal for a full load.

Install iStat to watch your temperatures and CPU usage (though I think you already have).

3. boston44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do already have iStat, and I think it is the antivirus as the flash game was played when the temperature was already high (I didn't know it was 80C at the time). I will uninstall the iantivirus. Hopefully it will come back down to 50-60C. Thanks.

4. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

MBP 13 Hot

I uninstalled iantivirus and my temps dropped dramatically.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

Did you check activity monitor to see what was hogging your CPU?

6. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I think that a basic FAQ about temperatures, CPU loads, and fan speeds should be a stickie.