MBP 13": LCD Touches the Keyboard when closed.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by newtype2011, Jun 15, 2010.

1. newtype2011 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MBP about a week ago and have been loving it so far. Anyway, I've noticed that the keyboard and the LCD are making contact when the lid is closed: while using the computer, you can see very faint streaks of grease, sweat, etc in very, very thin lines. You can wipe it away, but it keeps coming back. Also, when the computer is shut off, I can see prints of where the the screen has been making contact with the keyboard.

1) Is this normal?

2) Is it going to hurt anything?

3) Should I return it? (purchased from Amazon, so shouldn't be a problem)

Thanks for all of your input-

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

I have had SOOO many issues with the 13 inch mbp. Long story short, I went through all (only 5) of my local best buy's stock because every single one had some sort of scratch or mark. The one I ended up getting has a very very faint mark/scratch near the bottom to the right of the trackpad from what appears to be something that makes the gasket around the screen stay. Is your problem normal? No, that doesn't happen to mine or any other ones i have seen. Should you return it? Only you can answer that question, but I personally will not spend $1000+ on a product that isn't in perfect order.

4. newtype2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I guess I'll have to decide if I can live with a $1200 "precision" computer which constantly gets crud on the screen.

Rather annoying considering how much we pay for these things, but I suppose nothing is perfect.

5. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502