MBP 13 & MBP 15/17 Forums?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Unprocessed1, Jun 8, 2009.

?

Should there be separate MBP 13 inch and MBP 15+17 inch sub-forums?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Now that the aluminum macbooks have been rebranded, I think the notebook forums should be divided between 13 inch aluminum and 15+17 inch aluminum subforums.

There are still major differences between the models despite the identical name, and I can see a lot of confusion and lack of organization in the forums if they aren't divided up. Just looking at the posts in the MBP subforum right now is a complete mess.

What does everyone else think?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Not really. The low-end 15" is almost the same as a 13" spec-wise.

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

True, but the 2.53 15 inch MBP aside, they are substantially different machines that cater to different audiences.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Yes. The 13" and the low-end 15" re not really "Pro" machines. Most purchasers won't know that though.

5. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Yeah, hence my idea. :cool:

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

But the Powerbook and the MBP are also far apart in hardware yet in the same forum. Same for the MacBook and the iBook. I think it would just confuse people to have a Pro and semi-Pro forum.

7. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Added a poll; we'll see where the good people stand on this issue :)

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm doing a handstand over the issue.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Having such a large percentage of the notebooks in one forum would be a mess. I can see a lot of people, especially the younger crowd here, getting upset if you divided it by screen size. It would probably confuse people, as well. I don't think that leaving it as it is will be the best option for the future, but I'm dry on any better ideas.

10. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Keeping git the same would put the white MB in its own forum (except old computers)

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Of course adding the MBP13 to the current "MacBook, iBook" forum will basically keep things as is. and not create the hassle of two new subforums.

Edit: Though waiting to see how things shake out is likely the best thing, with the chipsets basically the same most of the issues should be similar except the times Apple decides to update the other graphics cards.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Anything called a "MacBook Pro" needs to go in the MacBook Pro forum. Same goes for the MacBook. Perhaps divide the MacBook forum into two sub forums, one to represent the white/black Macbooks, and one for the unibody.

13. mrmahaffey macrumors newbie

First, I think Apple should have left the "Macbooks" be "Macbooks", anger is with in me about this! Yes do all that they did (put in firewire 800, sd card slot, all that). But keep it Macbook!

Next, drop the Macbook Pro price to 1,699 (like they did) but keep the 9400 + 9600 GPUs in ALL macbook pro models (15 inch at least) and I want an express card slot for my 3G card but I guess I could live with USB. Oh and keep the battery thing! .

Also, SD card slot?? Really? The card doesn't even go in all the way! here is an idea how about an other USB port! You can never go wrong with adding more USB ports! I have seen people in Best Buy (When I worked there), they would give up a ram or hd space or even processor speed (and/or make). for more USB ports! it is like how when women go car shopping, # cup holders can make the difference of witch car she wants (or buys) (i am not being sexist, studies have shown!). As it is good to have both cup-holders and USB ports, there is a fix for both at least, just go to walmart and spend $8.

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Against you, so far :p

Polls are a bitch when they don't go in your favour!

15. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think the forums are fine the way they are now.

16. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Haha, I don't mind, it just seems the MBP forum will eventually get a little annoying with 3 different models, each with a different target consumer, graphics cards, etc.

17. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

aimed at the same audience though, were/are the top specs for their price etcetc.

i voted no.

but there is no such thing as a unibody MB anymore :p

unless your meaning the older MBs, that would confuse users EVEN more though