MBP 13 Mid 2010, any firmware updates needed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sup3r1or, Sep 7, 2010.

1. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I have noticed on this website http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macbookpro

Apple has quite a few firmware updates, do I need to apply any of these to my Mid 2010 MBP 13? Just want to make sure I dont miss anything critical, however I do no want to screw up my system also by installing something already there or not meant for this Macbook pro.

Cheerz

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Open Software Update and see if the firmware updates show up there. Then you know if you need them or not.

[​IMG]

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

:apple: > Software Update... is all you'll ever need. Apple will send you updates for your hardware and any apple accessories attached to your machine.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

He is right. If you ever need to do any updates, you can just check by clicking the apple in the corner of your screen. Then click software update. If there are any necessary updates to run, it will alert you. Install the updates and be done with it :) .

5. sup3r1or thread starter macrumors regular

Even firmware updates for things hardware components? so whats the point of this website then?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, for firmware updates too. The point of the website is for people, who don't want to use Software Update and as many other vendors of automatic software updates also offer manual downloads, Apple is only one of many.

Btw, what was the point of the duplicate thread creation?