MBP 13" (Mid 2010) Lone Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Delighted, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Hi fellow MacRumorians,

During the winter, I downloaded Lion on my 13" MBP. I really enjoyed it when it worked. But I did run into some freeze issues on start up and App launching. It has gotten so bad that I downgraded back to SL, so that I can have a fully functional machine for school. I have googled many forums and found that people who experienced the same issues I have are usually using a different MBP model. With that said, does anyone with the same model MBP as mine have also experienced freezing issues?

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely fine staying with SL, but if there is a possibility to upgrade without freeze issues, I would prefer Lion.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a 2010 MBP and I've not experienced any freezing issues with Lion. Its been a very stable OS for me - no problems.

3. jbouklas macrumors regular

My 2010 MBP (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM) ran Lion fairly well at first, and then after a couple of months it started to move slowly and I'd get spinning beach balls constantly. Just upgraded to 8GB of RAM, it runs like a new machine. I think Lion is more memory-hungry than I thought, and much more so than Snow Leopard. Might want to think about a clean install and upgrading your RAM to clear up your issues. It's like having a new Mac.