MBP 13" mid 2010, No audio form left speaker.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CesarSMX, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CesarSMX macrumors newbie

Hi there!

Well i have been searching this issue with my mbp, but i have not found any fix or help to see what is happening.

The problem is that i don´t get audio from left speaker, just from right one and subwoofer, i tried changing balance, and same thing, when i move balance to the left I just hear audio from subwoofer and nothing from left speaker.

i checked the left speaker when i changed the cpu thermal compound and it works. and everything is plugged in where it needs to.

so what is this?? a firmware/software problem or what??

Because for me, it is really annoying to listen music/movies with just one speaker.

Does anybody knows something about this? or how to fix it??

Greetings.

2. CesarSMX thread starter macrumors newbie

3. CesarSMX thread starter macrumors newbie

OK i found that the balance is using fine the right speaker, but when i change balance to use left speaker, its using subwoofer as left speaker, and left speaker is just muted.

it sound so crappy.

4. glynhughes, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

glynhughes macrumors member

Since you have a sub-woofer in your set-up, I'm assuming you're connecting the laptop to external speakers.

How are you connecting to the amp/apeakers? Analogue from the headphone jack, optical from the headphone jack or USB/Firewire audio interface? Something else?

Are your speakers powered or passive. What are you using as an amplifier/processor between the mac and the L, R and Sub?

You might start by listening to your mac's audio output on headphones to confirm that your source is at least sending stereo out correctly.

You might also confirm that your 2.1 speaker setup works (or doesn't) when fed a different signal e.g. from an iPod.

5. CesarSMX thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there! well i´m talking about the built in speakers! this mbp has 2.1, it has 1 right speaker, and behind that speaker is the subwoofer, and on the other side is the left speaker,
    if i move balance to the right i just hear the speaker on, but when i turn the balance to the left! i just hear the subwoofer, no left or right speaker.

and when you listen music it really sounds bad. I dont like to be using headphones all time, but it looks that i will need them, because I dont know what to do next.

:confused: :mad: