Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tianuk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Hi All:D

So do you think my old Macbook Pro could run this (Diablo 3)?

2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram (I upgraded manually)
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256Mb

Looking at system requirements there is no mention of this graphics card (I know it is a crappy one), and as there is no demo being made I won't be able to try before I buy, likelihood of it working?

Ramunas

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2010
There is an open beta for this weekend which you can try it for free.

My MB is exactly the same as yours. Played it well on low-mid settings. Had a few hiccups here and there.

tianuk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
There is an open beta for this weekend which you can try it for free.

My MB is exactly the same as yours. Played it well on low-mid settings. Had a few hiccups here and there.

Theres an open beta available now? fantastic, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice guys! low-mid is okay, I just hope it is more Baldur's Gate like now. I love that game.

philio32383

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
lol, I'm 100% sure that your UK speeds are better than China!!! I am ECSTATIC when I see 100kb/s. normal is less than 20kb/s

that means 500 min or 8 hours and 20 min at top speed, and a normal download rate of 2500 min or 41 hours and 40 min of continual downloading, so if I were to have downloaded it this weekend I most likely would have only had 6 hours to play...

Last edited:

DanPosMaytee

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Preston, England.
Internet speeds in the UK are very good. I have 50Mb (Virgin), with no download limit.

Yeah but Virgin have really crap fair use policies, I'm with Sky and get 16mb (which is more than enough) and they have no fair use policy, it's a download free for all, and I've not once had any down time which is awesome. All this and a phone like for £22 a month lol, can't go wrong.

tianuk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
This Battle.net link shows what Blizzard expects Diablo 3 to run on.
Note that minimum spec = barely playable.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

They recommend a discrete GFX card of GT 330M or better and HD3000 as the minimum integrated solution.

Okay, so I downloaded the game and lo and behold it is indeed barely playable. Even with all the settings on low or off. Such a shame but looks like I will have to wait until I upgrade! I am already ordering a 7200RPM drive instead but doubt that will make any difference whatsoever, its the crappy intergrated graphics which I feel is probably causing it to be rubbish.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Internet speeds in the UK are very good. I have 50Mb (Virgin), with no download limit.

Maybe my post should have said a scottish connection...

on average however we are slower than most other developed EU countries.

Ohrstrom

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Sweden
I ran D3 on my 2009 13" 9400m Nvidia this weekend, but, I had to run in windowed (with a very small resolution, maybe 800x600 to even get it to run playable. Fullscreen was just too much. Your will work better but Im guessing the game experience will still not be particularly good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.