MBP 13 mid 2012 cannot boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thangln, Apr 7, 2013.

1. thangln macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've decided to install a new ssd samsung 840 pro to my mbp 13.3 mid 2012. It works very well in the main hdd bay with the old hdd with a caddy installed to optical. Then I wanna swap them, sdd to optical bay and hdd back to its old location to achieve Sudden sensor.

Unfortunately, when I reassemble, my MBP cannot boot. The symptoms are:

+ magsafe led doesnt turn on. No green no amber. It works well with my MBA
    +cant check batt level by the side button
    +SMC PRAM Reset but no luck
    +magsafe unplug, batt unplug then when power button is holding reconnect the battery and my lappy boots with highest fan speed. It cant detect batt level. If I shutdown then can turn on by press power button but with high fan speed. I think SMC is disable
    +connect power cable then everything is back to dead

I think SMC has a problem. My mbp is still under warranty but could you please suggest me a solution please? Coz I'm afraid of taking it to genius bar with a new ssd and ram

Thank you so much and hope my beloved lappy back to me soon!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You should check all the connectors, check if they are fitted well, then try again, if no luck reverse the HD and SSD as you had in the first setup, if this works reverse again.

Oh, and don't go to Apple with the Optical swapped out for a HD or SSD, they won't help you.

3. thangln thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've reverted but unlucky that I've lost one of the original ram and the mac osx isnt installed in hdd.

Do you think the smc has damaged by electrical shock? I've installed many pc but this's the first time this kind of problem happens :(

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Unlikely,the reason is that all MB(P)(Air) are made of aluminium and static electricity will equalise if you touch the metal.

Lost RAM?
    By reverting I mean what you tried before, not reverting back to the ODD and HDD.

5. thangln thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Justperry,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried revert to last-know-good configuration. Now I dont know what should do :(

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

If you erased the HD you can use Recovery to install a new clean OS, if it does not have the recovery partition it should automatically use internet recovery.
    Hold Option at startup or Command-R to get into recovery, I am also pretty sure you can use Command-Option-R to get directly into internet recovery.

7. thangln thread starter macrumors newbie

It cannot boot now buddy :(

Hi guys,

Is there any fuses in the power control or smc circuit?