MBP 13" Need Advice???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patid, Nov 24, 2010.

  1. patid macrumors newbie

    Nov 21, 2010
    I ordered a 13" MBP on Monday, arriving today. But I have having those second thoughts on maybe waiting until upgrade comes out in 2011. However I need a laptop before then. The 15" is alittle out of my budget at this time, anyways, I have a few questions.

    1.) If I keep the 13" MBP now and use it the 6 months or so, what do you think is a fair price I could get for it ?? It will be the 2.4Ghz, 500GB Drive and 8G ram, with parallel, windows 7 pro??

    2.) I bought applecare for it also, so if I don't open it or activate it; would it still be valid for the next generator 13"??

    3.) Also, When they do upgrade; do you think the price will increase drastically???
  2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus


    Sep 8, 2010
    If you need the laptop now, buy it now and use it. Chances are that the new line won't have anything drastically better than what you just bought. Keep what you ordered, enjoy it and don't look back.

    I'm still using an early 2007 MBP and there is nothing wrong with it and it can still do anything I need it to do.
  3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Jan 8, 2009
    You must drink yourself into a drunken stupor every time GM comes out with a new car.

    Dude, you will be totally satisfied with your MBP. You might miss out on a little speed bump but it will be nothing to worry yourself senseless over. The unibody will be the same, ports the same, OSX the same...

    And your backpack and lap will be glad you got the 13".
  4. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

    Dec 10, 2008
    East Cost
    You should be able to get a lot of what you paid for it.
  5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

    Apple OC

    Oct 14, 2010
    be prepared to wait several months :cool:

Share This Page