Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hey,

That's cool : ) !!! What new features have been rumored for this update??

Thank you again,

igmolinav.

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
Hey,

That's cool : ) !!! What new features have been rumored for this update??

Thank you again,

igmolinav.

i5 and i7 processors are probably the most notable. I'm hoping we won't see an i3 in the MBP. Graphics cards are in question... Really, they've got to make an announcement in the next few days. I can't imagine them going beyond MacWorld without a MBP refresh. Beyond that... who knows?

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I'll look into the i5, and i7 processors. I don't know much about it, but what I understand from your post is that the i3 is not really good. You mean that the graphic cards may also be updated, right? If so, that would also be cool : ) !!!

Thank you again, kind regards,

igmolinav.

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
If this post isn't dead yet the apple store is down... that means updates
-Peace

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Thank you again : ) !!! Let's see what happens in a month !!!

Very kind regards,

igmolinav.

SamTheeGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
United Kingdom
im new to mac , hoping to get my first mac soon. Don't you guys think that it might come out on June just because the last update we about that time ? just wondering. but i really cant wait for the new macbook pro i hope the 13" will get major updates not only the 15 and 17.

thank you

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
i chips create a lot of heat.

i chips cost more.

so if you are expecting a $1100 13" MBP with an i5 chip, not gonna happen.

theres a lot of ghz left in the Core2Duo chip -- my guess is that the 13" MBP, in order to keep its bargin price -- gets a faster Core2Duo

new low end gets a 2.53 chip and 250 gig drive
new next level gets a 2.66 with 2.8 option and 320 gig drive

and you have to be careful about uninformed consumers and "numbers"

sure, maybe a lot of us here know that a 2.8 i7 Quad Core is going to be a lot faster than a 3.06 Core2Duo... but not everyone thinks that same way

so making a 2.6 i5 15" MBP and a 2.8 Core2Duo 13" MBP -- people are going to ask: is the 3.06 faster?

and there *will* be new MBPs any week now -- and then they will not be updated until october.

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
How many issues (if any) do newly released models have? And if you're getting an education discount, is it really worth going the refurb route? I've read other posts and it seems that half say they have had no defects and the other half say they have had some problems.

devils punchbow

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
i chips create a lot of heat.

i chips cost more.

so if you are expecting a $1100 13" MBP with an i5 chip, not gonna happen.

theres a lot of ghz left in the Core2Duo chip -- my guess is that the 13" MBP, in order to keep its bargin price -- gets a faster Core2Duo

new low end gets a 2.53 chip and 250 gig drive
new next level gets a 2.66 with 2.8 option and 320 gig drive

and you have to be careful about uninformed consumers and "numbers"

sure, maybe a lot of us here know that a 2.8 i7 Quad Core is going to be a lot faster than a 3.06 Core2Duo... but not everyone thinks that same way

so making a 2.6 i5 15" MBP and a 2.8 Core2Duo 13" MBP -- people are going to ask: is the 3.06 faster?

and there *will* be new MBPs any week now -- and then they will not be updated until october.
This is all I'm interested in is a 13 inch. It will be my first Mac as well as my first lap top. The current Core2Duo 2.53 already far exceeds what I need. That would be a perfectly good machine for many years to come. Though I would like to at least wait for the update to see what they do to this model. Maybe I can get a nice deal on a Duo 2.53, or be more interested in what they update to. I want to at least compare current model to new updated model. If they offer a i5 fine, but I won't pay too much more for it as it is more then I really need. I have no interest in 15 or 17 display cause I simply want to stay small as Mac will offer me. I like Pro line simply cause of looks which is why I would skip the Macbook itself.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
How many issues (if any) do newly released models have? And if you're getting an education discount, is it really worth going the refurb route? I've read other posts and it seems that half say they have had no defects and the other half say they have had some problems.

well they are not revision A products they are the same macbooks with spec bumps. for example the ipad coming in 2 months is a rev A product since its the first one. the very first Macbook air was a rev. A product...... when updates are made to products I dont think you have to worry much about major issues.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
well they are not revision A products they are the same macbooks with spec bumps. for example the ipad coming in 2 months is a rev A product since its the first one. the very first Macbook air was a rev. A product...... when updates are made to products I dont think you have to worry much about major issues.

tell that to all the new iMac owners with problems...

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
tell that to all the new iMac owners with problems...

But that had nothing to do with the i5/i7 chips.

And the new 21" and 27" iMacs are a Rev A release. Although the form factor is the same, everything inside and outside is new.

And there are many other examples of good Rev A Macs.

G5 towers are one, Rev A towers were better than the Rev Bs.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Thanks, but my 13" MBP is hot enough already! I mean the temperature, not the specs. If any iProcessor will make them run even hotter, than I will not be able to have them on my lap or stomach, while lying on the sofa or in bed.

If I follow the evolution, this upgrade should bring the anti-glare screen to the 13" ones. I am looking forward to that. I never liked this MBP that much, but I have to admit that it's still so much better than the 13" unibody MBs. In fact, a relatively fast version with decent screen and marginally better battery would make me keep my next computer for years. That has never happened to me.

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
Thanks, but my 13" MBP is hot enough already! I mean the temperature, not the specs. If any iProcessor will make them run even hotter, than I will not be able to have them on my lap or stomach, while lying on the sofa or in bed.

If I follow the evolution, this upgrade should bring the anti-glare screen to the 13" ones. I am looking forward to that. I never liked this MBP that much, but I have to admit that it's still so much better than the 13" unibody MBs. In fact, a relatively fast version with decent screen and marginally better battery would make me keep my next computer for years. That has never happened to me.

Does the MBP really get that hot? And is that common for the 13"?

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Does the MBP really get that hot? And is that common for the 13"?

The fan in mine is often running at 6000 rpm. There is only one fan, unlike in the 15" Pro. I think heat can be a fairly widespread issue, I always had it with unibody ones at this size. Certainly no lap in shorts. for me, if I do anything marginally difficult for the CPU.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't understand.... my 13" MBP doesn't get very hot at all, and my fans don't spin up very much, even when I'm watching a lot of Hulu or YouTube.

I guess I'm just lucky......:confused:

Or perhaps you're just unlucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.