MBP 13'' or 15'' - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by guklein, Aug 12, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

I want to buy an MBP (13'' or 15'').

There are some places (Amazon, MacMall, eBay,...) with better prices than Apple's site.

In the AppleStore the prices are the same of Apple's site? Is there a chance to get some discount or promotion in AppleStore (NYC, as example)? If not, I think it is a better deal to buy in Amazon, MacMall, eBay,...right?

Thanks!

2. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I live in another country. I will be in US for tourism in the end of this month.

But I have an address in US to receive my Mac if I buy at Amazon, eBay or another online store.

And that's my doubt: why these stores have better prices than Apple's site (AppleStore)? Can I get some discount/promotion at AppleStore?

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I normally get mine from BestBuy but lately I have bought a lot of stuff from Apple's refurb store and I have no complaints. I looked at using my sons student discount, but that is only good on Brand New, the refurb stuff is not part of that, and the money I save is much more, also Apple's 12 Month no interest credit card covers both, BestBuy only covers brand new but they offer 18 months no interest which is also good.