MBP 13 price advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pandaholic, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Pandaholic macrumors newbie

I've got an old Macbook Pro 13" 2009 that I'm looking to sell. Its the 2.53 ghz version with an upgraded 8 gb memory. Newest OS X and Office 2011. Battery still has modest charge (5 hrs), and the laptop has minor physical usage damage (small scratches and a small dent).

Most of the automated price estimators give it around $250 - $300, but I've seen people selling the lowered models for up to $500 on eBay but I couldn't find the average sale price. I was mostly wondering with the addition of things such as 2.53 ghz, upgraded memory, and software (I've also got an old copy of Adobe CS5.5 that I could add), how much could I ask for the laptop?

2. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

i'd ask for around 600 and be ready to bargain down to 500-550 :D

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

$250-$300 is the price they'll make a profit from.

Price depends on country, region, supply, and demand. Might also want to check local CL to see what people are listing theirs for.

5. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

I would say....

$570-650 and willing to bargain. Software dont have use if you cant transfer licenses and provide legal installers, IMHO. Cosmetic and functional issues can come to play too....

If selling through an online site, factor in shipping costs and fees....

:):apple: