MBP 13" Refurb Price Reduction

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yojimbo1, Jan 21, 2011.

1. yojimbo1 macrumors member

FYI, looks like Apple just took $20 off the price of the refurb with the 2.4 chip.

Good deal at $1,019....better deal at $999

2. Oldpinepoint macrumors newbie

MBP 13" Refurb Price Reduction

Most have a lot of inventory they are looking to move. Could the new updates be far behind?

3. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

Price reduction

I just noticed that and since I had just bought one last week, i called and asked about a credit for the 20 bucks. I ended up having my first less than excellent experience with apple. The lady that i talked to 1st told me there was no price reduction and when I convinced her otherwise, tried to tell me that "maybe there was different software or some other difference. That whole conversation did not go well. she obviously didn't know and was trying to blow some smoke and dance around and get rid of me. I should have asked for her supervisor but I hung up. 10 minutes later I called back and talked to another lady who, as normal knew her stuff and said that yes there was a price protection policy for 14 days and connected me to customer relations. This time everything went as it should have and both ladies were as pleasant and helpful as they could be. This was especially annoying because of the great service I had always received before. Anyway I got my $20 and am enjoying my MBP.

4. rjbruce macrumors regular

Microcenter has had new MBP 13" with a $200 instant credit putting it at $999 for some time now. So tempting but I don't need it so trying to hold out for a refresh.

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

So the hassle was worth the $20 then?:rolleyes:

6. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

Principle

Mainly it was the principle, I knew she was wrong and wanted to straighten it out. Of course I wanted my $20 too. LOL

7. snberk103 macrumors 603

Actually, the first rep knew all about the price reduction. It's just Apple policy that you have to earn it. It's an accounting thing. When you called back the 2nd time your file was already flagged, so the 2nd request went through.

(just kidding.... :D - glad you got you $20. I would have done the same thing. It is absolutely a principle issue.)

8. george81 macrumors newbie

Ah, lovely. Is there any way to buy the 13.3 refurbished MBP in a duty free apple store in either SFO, MIA, or JFK airports? (Living in Europe, coming to US for 2 weeks only)