MBP 13" Screen models

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnotherFanBoy, Jul 14, 2009.

1. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Hi guys. I am about to buy a MBP 13" 2.26ghz, and upgrade the RAM and HDD to 4GB and 250GB on the online store.

I have read that there are different models of screen and that some give washed out colors whereas others are really good.

If I receive my BTO MBP and I find I have one of the bad screens, what can I do?

Thanks.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You can't do anything unless your screen is defective. However, if you order a stock unit you can return it less 10% restock fee if you don't like the screen. There are no returns on CTO orders. Also CTO options are stupidly overpriced. You are better doing the upgrades yourself anyway.

3. cababah macrumors 68000

Chupa Cabra is right. If you get a crappy screen though, you can take it in and compare it to a floor model and if it looks inferior you might be able to justify a return or exchange. I recommend getting it in a store if you can and just getting it BTO and upgrading RAM yourself.

4. kigru macrumors newbie

Where can i find info/thread/page that talks about the screen.

5. WeedKiller87 macrumors member

WeedKiller87

I was going to buy online, but I was also worried about getting a crappy screen. In the end, I picked up a stock 2.26 13" MBP from my local Apple Store. It has a 9CBD screen and it is perfect.

I would suggest you buy a stock model at your local store, and if you have any problems, you can exchange it easily. Also, it would be cheaper if you bought your hard drive and ram somewhere else.

6. WeedKiller87 macrumors member

WeedKiller87

7. AnotherFanBoy thread starter macrumors regular

So, out of interest, which screen would I be hoping for?

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

I've read that the 9CBD is supposedly the "best one". If you find that you're happy with whatever you get, it shouldn't matter. In an event that you want a replacement, there is a 10% restocking fee in hopes for a better screen. You would be playing the lotto here.