MBP 13" Screen Problem - Blur?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dannys95, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dannys95 macrumors member

Sorry, I don't know how to describe it. I can't take a picture either. I just noticed a sorta spot on my MacBook. Like when you touch it that it leaves a bit of a mark. At first I thought that was just it, but it won't come off with anything. Sorry if I'm not being too specific, it's just really hard to describe. Has this happened to anyone? It's not a dead-pixel, does a blur-pixel exist? :(

2. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

3. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

maybe......its really tiny. its like a pixel big. but its annoying as hell. its like a bit of spit, but it wont get off with anthing. :mad:

4. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

5. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Is it a small chip or microscratch?

6. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Users of Apple's screens have had smudges in the screen from humidity coming into the screen enclosure, though this is more a problem with the 24" iMac and Cinema display.

7. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

found a magnifying glass (small). maybe it's a small dent in the glass. in that case what do i do? its a brand new macbook (got it like 1-2 month ago). do i wipe it / take to :apple:?

also, i dont think mirror + iSight would work out too well. it's in the bottom of the screen. ill keep trying to get a pic though. i cant get my cam to focus so up close

8. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

that sounds like it.....it does look like humidity. so what do i do?

9. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

ok i got a better view of it by turning off my screen. still no pic, it just wont come out. so i guess i should take it to apple since it's not a dead pixel. does anyone know if screen repairs are covered in the warranty that came with the macbook?

10. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Should be, Apple Care covers everything except accidental damage.

11. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

not apple care. the default one.

12. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

The default one is Apple Care. You purchase extended Apple Care for another 2 years.

13. dannys95 thread starter macrumors member

ok cool. i dont have much of a choice, i guess ill go to the :apple: store. thx guys