MBP 13" Screen Quality Question....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CheesyTators, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CheesyTators macrumors member

I am using a Lenovo X230T laptop with a 12.5" IPS (1366x768) screen that has pretty accurate colors and crazy good viewing angles, for my photo editing needs. I'd like to transition over to a 13" MBP and have heard the screens are pretty accurate for photo editing as well. Screen resolution will be similar but how accurate are the colors? I had a 13" NON-Retina MBP back in 2010 but I wasn't doing any editing on it. I do recall the viewing angles were pretty good being a non-IPS screen. I'm more concerned about losing colors and contrast.

Thanks.

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It only covers about 76% of the sRGB color gamut, otherwise from reviews I've read colors are pretty close to standard. If you're worried about color accuracy, you need the Retina Display since that covers the entire sRGB gamut and is spot-on.

3. CheesyTators, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

CheesyTators thread starter macrumors member

Well I just read my Lenovo is only about 66% so it would be a bit better. I just want the portability and stability of the OS. Things just flow well on a mac from my experience. Maybe I'll grab a Mac Mini and use my external monitor. Yeah that's an idea.

Thanks for the reply.