MBP 13"" shaky on far right corner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FCzenit, Jun 25, 2009.

1. FCzenit macrumors member

Just got my MBP 13" and I noticed that it doesnt stay sturdy on my desk. When its closed I press on my macbook on its far right corner and theres like a 1 mm give. (my desk is flat and i made sure theres nothing that got caught under) Anyone else have this issue? and is there any solution that doesnt involve me sticking anything to the far right black support, any help will be appreciated

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I just checked mine and it's ok.

Have you taken the bottom off?

3. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

I havent, I
    think theres something wrong with one of the black pads, probably a mm or so shorter...

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I'd take it into a store and have them take a look at it. It might be a quick fix.

5. captain-rossco macrumors member

Same here, and the one before that I returned, and all of the ones at the store!

Mine seems to have cured itself though! Maybe just let the pads, 'bed in'.

Regards
    CR

6. Stardotboy macrumors regular

I also have the same issue, am currently contemplating taking it to the store or buying a slightly deformed desk on which to work :p

7. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

is there anyway to yank out the black supports?

8. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Why the hell would you want to damage your baby? I mean, the wiggling is probably because of a loose screw that was not properly seated when the computer was manufactured. Just take your computer's backing off, and then put it back on, making sure that all of the supports and the screw mountings are in position, and then tighten the screws until that are snug, but not to the point of stripping them.

9. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

well i meant yank out and put back in properly. So the supports are held in by screws from the inside?

10. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

So can anyone tell me how the black pads on the back are attached to the backcover?

11. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I have no idea. But I can tell you my moms 2.4 Unibody Macbook sits fine, no shaking or rocking. I tested it by pressing on all the corners at different times and points. Doesn't budge. I'd get a replacement if I were you. Even though it may seem trivial, that would drive me insane every time you use your computer it rocks. :apple:

12. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

Im sure theres no point in replacing the whole thing, I think if they just swap out the bottom cover then its fine :)

13. kieMac macrumors newbie

A replacement would definitely be overkill. Even a repair is most likely not needed. I've had this "problem" on two notebooks (the same corner each time). No repair was needed, but the rubber feet of the computer simply needed to get worn-in a little. Try a few different surfaces. I found that a granite counter top made the computer sit perfectly flat while the rubber bumpers were still factory fresh, but that a wood table would make it seem like the computer was uneven.

I'm amazed by how well the support system of Mac portables works. Have you ever seen the underside of some other notebooks?

[​IMG]

Sometimes we forget how much greener the grass is over here :D

[​IMG]

14. MADMAXX macrumors member

I received my CTO macbook this week direct from the factory in china. I had similar problems. It was bent. Feet case, I know not what. But I sent it back. Not acceptible as a work tool.
    Replacement being shipped from china as we speak.

Dont accept it send it back.

15. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Why don't you take it into an Apple store and try a different cover, see if it fixes the problem?

16. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

Its amazing how after the visit to the apple store I found out my whole house is tilted, took it out and tried it on every table in the store with the apple genius and it didnt even budge....fml

17. FCzenit thread starter macrumors member

and they cant change the cover anyway since it has the serial number on it which is unique to every macbook