MBP 13" Slight Bright Bleed On Right Bottom

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donster28, Jun 10, 2009.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

After getting home and excitedly turned my new MBP 13", the screen was way better than my old UMB that i just sold. Zero dead pixels, zero dust and blemish. But when I turned the lights off I noticed a slight bright bleeding just right on top of the right bottom black bezel.

It's not much but, it's enough to annoy me. I kept looking at it.

This baby is going back for an exchange tomorrow and I hope I won't get charged a re-stocking fee.

I was so pissed I immediately wrapped it back to it's box. Didn't even get a chance to take a picture of it.

Has anyone else encountered this or am I the first one on this? :(

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Welcome to Gen. I problems. Oh wait, this isn't Gen 1.

3. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Just checked mine have no bleed at all, so far I am loving it.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There are some out there that don't have a light bleed (or very unnoticeable) but it's not something you should expect NOT to be there. If it bothers you by all means exchange it but I think you're going to keep getting them and just have to live with one that isn't as bad.

5. fpnc macrumors 68000

In a dark room just about every LCD display will have some bleed from the backlight. My desktop Apple Cinema display has some bleed, but it's a really fine display which cost more by itself than did your MacBook.

Of course, display "goodness" is almost entirely in the eyes of the beholder so I won't try to dispute what you find as unacceptable.

6. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for responding guys. I do own a few LCDs with some slight bleed and have examined the same model LCDS and found slight bleeding, so I was fine with it. But seeing pics of others' with a perfect black, mine looks a little subpar and I keep thinking I should have gotten a better one.

I will try exchanging it tomorrow at the Apple Store and if my second one has it, I'll stick with it. I just hope they don't give me a hassle 'cause I have to try to show them the problem under store lights.

By the way, it's true, the new screens are night and day compared to the old ones on the UMBs.

7. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Oh no... hope your next one is better. Good luck.

8. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

I hope so too thanks.

9. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm happy to report that I got my MBP 13" replaced, and the replacement is perfect!

I had a slight ordeal at the Apple Store today. They thought the problem was not really a problem but normal. I tried to convince them that it's a problem to me and they finally agreed to replace it. But not without a restock fee!!! That's when I started to justify my request for a replacement...calmly. Finally, after 30 minutes at the Apple Store, I got a fresh MBP!!!

My new screen is now 9CBD. It would help if somebody keep track of these models. :)