Mbp 13 vs fell xps13 i7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aquablue, Apr 7, 2015.

1. aquablue macrumors member

Trying to decide. Is the faster processor of the Mac and better graphics worth the extra weight? I will be using music production apps casually, some photoshop and some gaming. I like the idea of a light ultra book, so I'm wondering if dells 2.8 pounds is the better choice? I am not OS biased.

Excuse the typo in the title. Please edit it to DELL, thanks.

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

The new XPS 13 is a typical Dell laptop. Great performance but appalling build quality. Also, the battery life on the Dell isn't anywhere near what they claim.

3. flur macrumors 68000

This is my experience with Dell as well. I use them at work - we swap them out every two years because they fall apart - but I'll never buy one again.

4. freeman1899 macrumors newbie

Just some thoughts:
    Have you posted the same question in a more PC friendly environment?
    If not than you probably already know, that you want the Mac. Because on MacRumors chances are good that people prefer a MacBook over a comparable Windows Laptop.

I personally have faced the same problem. And I am now waiting to receive my first mac in the next couple days.

Since mobility seams to be a big point for you I think, that the extra 300 gram of the Macbook is something you wont notice. And in therms of thickens the Dell on his thickest point including the rubber stand is 21mm and the Macbook Pro 18mm. And in my point of view only this thickens matters to me when I have to decide how much space of my messenger bag will be occupied.