MBP 13" vs UBMacBook 13" buying help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattbk, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mattbk macrumors newbie

So with my education discount at the Apple store, I can buy the lower end discontinued aluminum MacBook for $999, the high end discontinued MacBook for $1199 or wait for the new MBP 13" for $1099.

I'm buying my 1st mac and I don't work on my computers, just recreation. Mostly music/movies/internet.

I most likely won't use the new Firewire port or SD Card slot in the new MBP 13".

That leaves the difference in processor speed, RAM expandability(don't really see myself needing more than 4 gigs) and light up keyboard.

Any suggestions on which may be the best buy for me?

Thanks!

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Sounds like you dont need either, sounds like youd be good with the cheapest thing you can find. The only good thing about the 13" mbp is it has a better screen and batt. but thats bout it.

3. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

Get the new uMBP 13". You may not use it now, but having firewire is a good thing. The other improvements/differences are well worth the extra $100.

4. mattbk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm....

5. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Also you should look around the forums to see how many people have been bothered by the macbook screen...the mbp 13" should be better (although I haven't heard any reviews yet). But for just 100, I would save up to pay the difference if you can.

6. mattbk thread starter macrumors newbie

I was under the impression that the screens had recently been given a quiet update.