Mbp 13 w/2.26 ghz good enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hrv888, Sep 25, 2009.

1. hrv888 macrumors regular

Basically is d mbp 2.26 ghz 13.3 inch good enough? To be used for multiple sites opened, with a couple of flash playing in the sites, playing iTunes, editing multiple word docs, editing multiple excel sheets, watching you tube all at the same time? Can it do all those simultaneously without making d Mbp slow? Never had a mac before but thinking about d switch. Thanks.

2. Bigabouli macrumors member

It is good enough, although upgrading to 4GB of memory would be a good idea if you plan on keeping all that open :p

3. California macrumors 68040

California

I've asked myself the same question. As I am on a Mac Mini with exactly the same specs, I'd say 'yes"...

Tho I've upgraded to four gigs of ram and a 500gb 7200rpm hard drive.

It's very speedy.

Though if I took the plunge on a new MBP, I think I'd go for the faster 2.53ghz machine just because it's faster.

If it is your only Mac, it'll be fine but do upgrade the ram immediately.

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Same as these folks say - Its good enough for those tasks as long as you drop 4GB in it.

Mine is awesome and I use it for most things inc CS3 work.

5. jamin100 macrumors 6502

I have this macbook pro and you will need to upgrade the RAM to 4GB and Hard drive to 7200rpm as i find mine quite sluggish

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Flash is slow on any mac, but aside from that problem. The 13" MBP is more then up to the task that you described.

7. kasakka macrumors 68000

The 2.26 GHz model will be plenty, probably even with 2 GB but 4 GB certainly won't hurt. Flash is the only thing that will tax the computer because it's a resource hog so I'd advice installing a Flash blocker addon for your browser(s) so you don't have to have every Flash advert running etc.

8. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

If you can I would get the upgraded processor, but if not, that MBP should be able to handle that. Just dont expect much in graphics, because of the 9400M. Also, install some flash blocker for your web browser, because Flash & OS X dont mix. Flash is a resource hog, and will start bogging it down.

9. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Can't believe people still ask these kinds of questions, the amount of power inside any laptop today is simply amazing.

It will do fine, my laptop which is my main machine and only a 2Ghz core 2 duo Macbook does everything I need it to with 3 GB of Ram apart from running Aperture at a reasonable speed. But thats because I'm playing with 1000's of 20MB raw files.

10. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I have it and do all the things that you said. While it is true flash is a little slow on there, it will be able to do all the other things you wanted. You get 4 gigs of ram though as I do find iTunes likes to take up a lot of RAM and slows other things down.

IF you do get the 4 gigs of ram get it from newegg, or somewhere outside of Apple because they overcharge by about 40 USD for RAM which is ridiculous.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is exactly my thought. It is not only good enough, it is great. However, Apple consistently delivers with less memory than truly necessary, so it's a given that you'll likely need to upgrade that right away.

12. SDChargers macrumors newbie

Yes, I have had no problem running multiple Safari windows, with Itunes, a couple word documents, and running PhotoShop CS3.

My 2.26 has 4 GB of RAM too, but only a 5400 HDD.

The 2.26 is plenty powerful.